Dr. Shreya Deshpande is a practicing homeopath (Registration number A-9086) in Athani, Belgaum of Karnataka, India. Being a devout student of Homeopathy since college days, she is a firm believer of the homeopathic principles which are listed below. Her regular articles about homeopathy in the ‘The New Indian Express’ and some other magazines, helped spread her use and belief in homeopathy across India as well as abroad.
Let’s see some important points about Homeopathy!
- Homeopathy is a science that works on the principle of “like cures like”
- Homeopathy is an art of treating human ailments with the help of subtle doses of natural substances available around us.
- Homeopathy is firmly based on principles of nature and cure is possible only if a homeopathic physician works according to nature’s principles.
- Homeopathic remedies are used in smallest possible quantities, not to cause any drug-dependence
- Mental and psychological diseases are efficiently treated with homeopathy
- Homeopathic medicines act by stimulating body’s existing healing mechanism.
- Homeopathic treatment of different individuals may differ even if the people apparently suffer from similar health conditions.
- The individualistic and unbiased attitude of homeopathic physician is the major plus.
- Homeopathic medicines can be safely taken during pregnancy and lactation without any side effects, but expert’s advice is necessary.
- Homeopathic case-taking is an elaborate one and the patient is encouraged to answer all the questions physician asks. Only a good case-taking is followed by accurate prescribing in homeopathy
- Once you are on a homeopathic regime, one better follows every suggestion made by your homeopath in order to elicit fullest possible benefit of the therapy.
- Homeopathy is a therapeutic system of medicine, which with its potent medicines has averted many life-threatening and surgical conditions. That’s why these medicines are often called the surgeon’s knife!
- Homeopathy recognizes 3 basic miasms (Psora, Syphilis, and Sycosis) that govern every human being’s innate traits and habits.
- One should keep close watch on the changes in the body, especially while undergoing homeopathic treatment for chronic ailment.
- Homeopathy is not slow acting therapy, which requires time to act. When the remedy chosen is an exact simillimum of the case, it acts faster than conventional line of treatment. In chronic cases obviously, it takes time to elicit desired Results in patients.
- Homeopathy has been widely used throughout the world for more than 200 years.